By S P Novikov,I A Taimanov,V P Golubyatnikov
The ultimate quantity of the three-volume variation, this e-book positive factors classical papers on algebraic and differential topology released within the 1950s–1960s. The partition of those papers one of the volumes is quite conditional. the unique equipment and buildings from those works are adequately documented for the 1st time during this e-book. No present booklet covers the attractive ensemble of tools created in topology ranging from nearly 1950. that's, from Serre's celebrated “singular homologies of fiber spaces.”
- Singular Homology of Fiber areas (J-P Serre)
- Homotopy teams and periods of Abelian teams (J-P Serre)
- Cohomology Modulo 2 of Eilenberg–MacLane Complexes (J-P Serre)
- On Cohomology of primary Fiber Bundles and Homogeneous areas of Compact Lie teams (A Borel)
- Cohomology Mod 2 of a few Homogeneous areas (A Borel)
- The Steenrod Algebra and Its twin (J Milnor)
- On the constitution and functions of the Steenrod Algebra (J F Adams)
- Vector Bundles and Homogeneous areas (M F Atiyah and F Hirzebruch)
- The tools of Algebraic Topology from standpoint of Cobordism thought (S P Novikov)
Readership: Researchers in algebraic topology, its functions, and historical past of topology.
Read Online or Download Topological Library:Part 3: Spectral Sequences in Topology: 50 (Series on Knots and Everything) PDF
Similar geometry & topology books
"Finsler Geometry: An technique through Randers areas" solely bargains with a distinct category of Finsler metrics -- Randers metrics, that are outlined because the sum of a Riemannian metric and a 1-form. Randers metrics derive from the examine on basic Relativity conception and feature been utilized in lots of parts of the normal sciences.
The most purpose of this ebook is to explain and boost the conceptual, structural and summary taking into account arithmetic. particular mathematical constructions are used to demonstrate the conceptual method; delivering a deeper perception into mutual relationships and summary universal good points. those rules are rigorously inspired, defined and illustrated through examples in order that a few of the extra technical proofs may be passed over.
Bibliotheca Mathematica: a chain of Monographs on natural and utilized arithmetic, quantity VII: smooth basic Topology specializes in the approaches, operations, ideas, and ways hired in natural and utilized arithmetic, together with areas, cardinal and ordinal numbers, and mappings. The e-book first elaborates on set, cardinal and ordinal numbers, easy thoughts in topological areas, and numerous topological areas.
Fractal features, Fractal Surfaces, and Wavelets, moment variation, is the 1st systematic exposition of the idea of neighborhood iterated functionality platforms, neighborhood fractal features and fractal surfaces, and their connections to wavelets and wavelet units. The booklet relies on Massopust’s paintings on and contributions to the idea of fractal interpolation, and the writer makes use of a couple of tools—including research, topology, algebra, and chance theory—to introduce readers to this interesting topic.
- GOLDEN NON-EUCLIDEAN GEOMETRY, THE: HILBERT'S FOURTH PROBLEM, "GOLDEN" DYNAMICAL SYSTEMS, AND THE FINE-STRUCTURE CONSTANT (Series on Analysis, Applications and Computation)
- Designing Learning Environments for Developing Understanding of Geometry and Space (Studies in Mathematical Thinking and Learning Series)
- Analytical Geometry: The Commonwealth and International Library of Science, Technology, Engineering and Liberal Studies: Mathematics Division (Commonwealth Library)
- Elements of Topology
Additional info for Topological Library:Part 3: Spectral Sequences in Topology: 50 (Series on Knots and Everything)