By Katrina Jaworski
Read or Download The Gender of Suicide: Knowledge Production, Theory and Suicidology PDF
Similar gender studies books
This quantity lines the social historical past of African American males from the times of slavery to the current, targeting their achievements, their altering snapshot, and their position in American society. the writer locations the modern factor of Black men's disproportionate involvement with felony justice inside of its social and historic context, whereas examining the main major pursuits aiming to enhance the prestige of Blacks in our society.
As existence spans multiplied dramatically within the usa after 1900, and employers more and more demanded the rate and stamina of teen within the place of work, males struggled to maintain identities as staff, breadwinners, and patriarchs—the middle beliefs of twentieth-century masculinity. Longer lifestyles threatened manhood as males faced age discrimination at paintings, obligatory retirement, and stuck earning as recipients of Social defense and place of work pensions.
During this bright new historical past, Phil Tiemeyer information the background of fellows operating as flight attendants. starting with the founding of the occupation within the past due Twenties and carrying on with into the post-September eleven period, aircraft Queer examines the heritage of guys who joined places of work normally pointed out as female-oriented.
Exhibiting how gender heritage contributes to present understandings of the second one international battle, this ebook bargains element and context at the nationwide and transnational studies of guys and girls throughout the conflict. Following a common creation, the essays shed new mild at the box and illustrate equipment of operating with a variety of basic assets.
- Global Homophobia: States, Movements, and the Politics of Oppression
- Liberal Hearts and Coronets: The Lives and Times of Ishbel Marjoribanks Gordon and John Campbell Gordon, the Aberdeens
- Diversity among Architects: From Margin to Center
- The Promiscuity of Network Culture: Queer Theory and Digital Media (Routledge Studies in New Media and Cyberculture)
- I Ask for Justice: Maya Women, Dictators, and Crime in Guatemala, 1898–1944 (Louann Atkins Temple Women & Culture)
- Späte Mutterschaft - ein neues biographisches Muster? (German Edition)
Extra resources for The Gender of Suicide: Knowledge Production, Theory and Suicidology