By Eleftherios Iakovou,Dionysis Bochtis,Dimitrios Vlachos,Dimitrios Aidonis
An interdisciplinary framework for managing sustainable agrifood provide chains
Supply Chain administration for Sustainable foodstuff Networks offers an up to date and interdisciplinary framework for designing and working sustainable provide chains for agri-food items. concentration is given to decision-making methods and methodologies allowing policy-makers, managers and practitioners to layout and deal with successfully sustainable agrifood provide chain networks.
Authored through excessive profile researchers with international services in designing and working sustainable provide chains within the agri-food undefined, this book:
- Features the whole hierarchical decision-making technique for coping with sustainable agrifood provide chains.
- Covers knowledge-based farming, administration of agricultural wastes, sustainability, eco-friendly provide chain community layout, protection, safeguard and traceability, IT in agrifood offer chains, carbon footprint administration, caliber administration, threat administration and coverage- making.
- Explores eco-friendly offer chain administration, sustainable knowledge-based farming, company social accountability, environmental administration and rising traits in agri-food retail provide chain operations.
- Examines sustainable practices which are distinctive for agriculture in addition to practices that have already got been applied in different commercial sectors equivalent to eco-friendly logistics and company Social accountability (CSR).
Supply Chain administration for Sustainable meals Networks presents an invaluable source for researchers, practitioners, policy-makers, regulators and C-level executives that take care of strategic decision-making. Post-graduate scholars within the box of agriculture sciences, engineering, operations administration, logistics and provide chain administration also will make the most of this book.
Read Online or Download Supply Chain Management for Sustainable Food Networks PDF
Best agriculture books
Airborne laser scanning (ALS) has emerged as some of the most promising distant sensing applied sciences to supply information for learn and operational functions in a variety of disciplines on the topic of administration of wooded area ecosystems. This booklet presents a finished, state of the art evaluate of the examine and alertness of ALS in a vast variety of forest-related disciplines, specifically wooded area stock and wooded area ecology.
This publication is a complete survey of breeding rules and practices hired through sugarcane growers and researchers through the international. integrated inside its scope are very important genera and species innovations, morphological details, rationalization of yes time-honored names, an outline of germplasm assortment and usage, dialogue of the advanced matters fascinated with genetic manipulation, and a precis of sugarcane development via breeding during the last century.
In pre-industrial societies, within which the vast majority of the inhabitants lived at once off the land, few matters have been extra very important than the upkeep of soil fertility. with out entry to biodegradable wastes from creation tactics or to artificial agrochemicals, early farmers regularly constructed innovations aimed toward including dietary price to their fields utilizing in the neighborhood to be had typical fabrics.
Incorporating Cultures' function within the foodstuff and Agricultural Sciences addresses the sensible wishes of the professors, directors and scholars who usually face demanding situations of operating including Indigenous peoples with whom they've got no earlier adventure. neglected conversation, failed initiatives and unrealistic targets are day-by-day realities.
- Disrupting Maize: Food, Biotechnology and Nationalism in Contemporary Mexico (Disruptions)
- The Virtues of Ignorance: Complexity, Sustainability, and the Limits of Knowledge (Clark Lectures)
- Soil Quality for Crop Production and Ecosystem Health (Developments in Soil Science)
- Applied Muscle Biology and Meat Science
- Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation Management Options: A Guide for Natural Resource Managers in Southern Forest Ecosystems
- Handbook of Mango Fruit: Production, Postharvest Science, Processing Technology and Nutrition
Extra resources for Supply Chain Management for Sustainable Food Networks