By Andy Walker,Kay Svela Walker,Sean Carruthers
Advances in durability, genetics, nanotech, and robotics will make all this possible!
This is not science fiction. this can be your destiny. at once, pioneering scientists and technologists are remodeling what it skill to be human via overcoming organic limits that experience existed due to the fact that our ancestors swung out of the trees…and into the suburbs. With remarkable suggestion and perseverance, those visionaries are fixing deep difficulties of human well-being and longevity—and their growth is accelerating. Super You takes you within their labs, businesses, and minds…to express how you can make the most of a higher, longer, better, lifestyles. You’ll how one can begin hacking your existence today, to turn into extra tremendous, on a daily basis. Discover what’s attainable whilst yesterday’s human limits are gone!
- Learn how evolution turned obsolete—and why it’s time to begin hacking yourself
- Save your lifestyles with whirring “jet engine” hearts, revealed organs, and different scientific miracles
- Rewire and turbo-boost your ape brain
- Become a mega-mind by way of connecting your mind on to the web to take advantage of Google’s artificial neocortex
- Become superhuman with cyborg technology
- Design and mildew your looks
- Genetically engineer your child to be a tennis megastar (and different real stories)
- Prepare for the political and non secular backlash opposed to the future
- Discover how scientists will make dying out of date via treating it like a curable disease—and the right way to dwell till they do
Read or Download Super You: How Technology is Revolutionizing What It Means to Be Human PDF
Best biophysics books
Membranes are crucial mobile organelles. They not just outline cells and different organelles, but in addition are serious within the mobile functionality by way of selectively regulating the passage of molecules by means of appearing as a matrix for different signaling molecules, and as conduits of knowledge move among the exterior surroundings and the telephone inside.
Biosensors are moveable and handy units that allow the swift and trustworthy research of drugs. they're more and more utilized in healthcare, drug layout, environmental tracking and the detection of organic, chemical, and poisonous brokers. Fractal Binding and Dissociation Kinetics for various Biosensor functions specializes in parts of increasing biosensor improvement that come with (a) the detection of organic and chemical pathogens within the surroundings, and (b) biomedical functions, particularly in healthcare.
This e-book presents an considerable assurance of theoretical and experimental cutting-edge paintings in addition to new developments and instructions within the biometrics box. It deals scholars and software program engineers a radical figuring out of ways a few center low-level development blocks of a multi-biometric procedure are applied.
Bioceramics: houses, Characterization, and functions might be a normal creation to the makes use of of ceramics and glasses within the human physique for the needs of supporting, therapeutic, correcting deformities, and restoring misplaced functionality. With over 30 years event, the writer built the textual content as an outgrowth of an undergraduate path for senior scholars in biomedical engineering and may emphasize the basics and functions in sleek implant fabrication, and also will care for tissue engineering scaffolds made from ceramics.
- Store-operated Ca2+ entry (SOCE) pathways: Emerging signaling concepts in human (patho)physiology
- Derivative Spectrophotometry and PAM-Fluorescence in Comparative Biochemistry
- Handbook of Supportive and Palliative Radiation Oncology
- Modelling Protocells: The Emergent Synchronization of Reproduction and Molecular Replication (Understanding Complex Systems)
- The Rainbow and the Worm:The Physics of Organisms
Additional info for Super You: How Technology is Revolutionizing What It Means to Be Human