By Naya Rivera
Navigating via adolescence and younger maturity isn't really effortless, and in Sorry now not Sorry, Naya Rivera exhibits us that we aren't by myself within the highs, lows, and in-betweens. no matter if it truly is with love and courting, occupation and ambition, neighbors, or gossip, Naya evokes us to keep on with our personal future and step over--or plod through--all the crap alongside the way in which. After her upward push and fall from early adolescence stardom, slightly eking her means via highschool, a short stint as a Hooters waitress, dealing with thick and skinny together with her mom/manager, and resurrecting her performing occupation as Santana Lopez on Glee, Naya emerged from those reviews with a few key lifestyles lessons:
- All these occasions I scrawled "I HATE MY mother" in my magazine. such a lot of mothers and teen daughters do not get along--we simply need to discover it really is not anything own on both side.
- At-home highlights and DIY hair extensions. a few issues are most sensible left to the specialists, and hair dye is certainly one of them.
- Falling in love with the assumption of someone, rather than the particular person.
- That i do not continually get in addition to each person. Having humans unlike you is a possibility you should take to be actual, and i will take that over being pretend any day.
- giggling on the gossip rather than getting disappointed by means of it.
- Getting my monetary failures out of ways early--before i used to be married or had a family--so that the one credit that I wrecked used to be my own.
Even with a winning profession and a relations that she loves greater than anything, Naya says, "There's nonetheless a thirteen-year-old lady within me making precise lists of the way i will enhance, who is by no means convinced of my very own self-worth." Sorry no longer Sorry is for that thirteen-year-old in all of us.
From the Hardcover edition.
Read or Download Sorry Not Sorry: Dreams, Mistakes, and Growing Up PDF
Similar biographies of actors & actresses books
Meet the Mertzes is an expansive twin biography chronicling the lives of 2 of America's most well-liked situation-comedy actors, William Frawley and Vivian Vance, who portrayed Fred and Ethel Mertz on i like Lucy. This meticulously researched booklet includes interviews with Frawley's and Vance's colleagues, neighbors, and kinfolk, and explores their own lives sooner than, in the course of, and after i like Lucy.
During this essay assortment, proven specialists and new researchers, re-evaluate the performances and cultural value of Ellen Terry, her daughter Edith Craig (1869–1947) and her son Edward Gordon Craig (1872–1966), in addition to Bram Stoker, Lewis Carroll and a few much less favourite figures.
From the veteran comic and actor from The Wrestler and Louie comes a hilarious ebook of shuttle essays from his time on travel via secondary markets within the US, Canada, and Israel. hi. It’s Todd Barry. certain, the hugely recognized comic. i've got billions of enthusiasts world wide, so I do my justifiable share of traveling.
Dicy company. Revenge of the Nerds. useless. Moonlighting. Supernatural. American Dad. New lady. What do all of those videos and tv indicates have in universal? Curtis Armstrong. A mythical comedic moment banana to a litany of significant stars, Curtis is perpetually cemented within the public mind's eye as Booger from Revenge of the Nerds.
- Diane Franklin:The Excellent Adventures of the Last American, French-Exchange Babe of the 80s
- Pola Negri: Temptress of Silent Hollywood
- Peg Entwistle and the Hollywood Sign Suicide: A Biography
- Theda Bara: A Biography of the Silent Screen Vamp, with a Filmography
- John Gilbert: The Last of the Silent Film Stars (Screen Classics)
Extra info for Sorry Not Sorry: Dreams, Mistakes, and Growing Up