By Elizabeth Ortiz
Read or Download One Earth One Life Volume 2 Part One PDF
Best ethnic & national biographies books
Charles Burnett (b. 1944) is a groundbreaking African American filmmaker and one in every of this country's most interesting administrators, but he is still mostly unknown. His movies, such a lot particularly Killer of Sheep (1977) and To Sleep with Anger (1990), are thought of classics, but few filmgoers have noticeable them or heard of Burnett.
Looking for Spirit is a crucial local American memoir that encompasses essentially the most recognized occasions and frontier characters in Western American heritage, together with eyewitness stories of the Ghost Dance, the Wounded Knee bloodbath of 1890 and the Buffalo invoice Wild West exhibit. the writer, V. Edward Bates, an enrolled member of the Yankton Sioux Tribe, tells of his nice grandfather, Sitting Bull's cousin, Ojan, a naïve boy who turned a protégé of the wealthy Philadelphia financier and service provider, John Welsh.
Loopy Horse, the mythical army chief of the Oglala Sioux whose own strength and social nonconformity contributed to his attractiveness as being “strange,” fought in lots of recognized battles, together with the Little Bighorn, and held out tirelessly opposed to the U. S. government’s efforts to restrict the Lakotas to reservations.
Molly Brant, a Mohawk woman born into poverty in 1736, turned the consort of Sir William Johnson, one of many wealthiest white males in 18th-century the United States. Suspected of being a undercover agent for the British throughout the American Revolution, Molly used to be pressured to escape together with her young children or face imprisonment. due to her skill to persuade the Mohawks, her counsel was once wanted at castle Niagara, and she or he came upon safe haven there.
- Don't Let the Sun Step Over You: A White Mountain Apache Family Life, 1860–1975
- Geronimo (Folio Biographies) (French Edition)
- Between Cultural Diversity and Common Heritage: Legal and Religious Perspectives on the Sacred Places of the Mediterranean (Cultural Diversity and Law)
- Emilie Davis’s Civil War: The Diaries of a Free Black Woman in Philadelphia, 1863–1865
- Hit Me, Fred: Recollections of a Sideman
- Blackfoot Redemption: A Blood Indian's Story of Murder, Confinement, and Imperfect Justice
Additional resources for One Earth One Life Volume 2 Part One