By Colin Davis Jr.
Read or Download Levinas: An Introduction PDF
Similar religious philosophy books
Is it attainable to end up or disprove God's lifestyles? Arguments for the lifestyles of God have taken many various types over the centuries: within the Non-Existence of God, Nicholas Everitt considers all the arguments and examines the function that cause and data play within the debate over God's lifestyles.
"The king is useless. lengthy dwell the king! " In early smooth Europe, the king's physique was once actually sovereign—and the precise to rule was once instantly transferrable to the subsequent monarch in line upon the king's demise. within the Royal is still, Eric L. Santner argues that the "carnal" measurement of the constructions and dynamics of sovereignty hasn't disappeared from politics.
'God from the desktop' (deus ex machina) refers to an historic dramatic machine the place a god was once routinely introduced onto the degree to avoid wasting the hero from a tough state of affairs. yet the following, William Sims Bainbridge makes use of the time period in a strikingly varied approach. rather than trying to a desktop to carry an already recognized god, he asks what a computing laptop and its simulations may train us approximately how faith and non secular ideals come to being.
Moses Maimonides (1138–1204) supported an idea of the Messiah which was once significantly new in the Jewish culture. the writer of the current quantity examines even if and to what volume this idea will be traced again to Early Medieval Islamic philosophy. She devotes specific recognition to the religio-philosophical, philological, old and political facets of such an stumble upon.
- A Theology of the Sublime
- Frithjof Schuon and the Perennial Philosophy
- Paul Ricoeur's Hermeneutics and the Discourse of Mark 13: Appropriating the Apocalyptic (Studies in the Thought of Paul Ricoeur)
- Herman Dooyeweerd: Christian Philosopher of State and Civil Society
- Nineteenth-Century Philosophy of Religion: The History of Western Philosophy of Religion, Volume 4
- Ohne mich ist das Leben ganz einfach: Der Weg des Buddha zur vollkommenen Freiheit (German Edition)
Extra resources for Levinas: An Introduction