By M J Bromley
From the best-selling writer of 'Leadership for Learning', 'Ofsted Thriving no longer Surviving', and 'The IQ Myth'.
Praise for 'Ofsted Thriving now not Surviving':
"Speaking as a coach inspector, this can be helpful stuff!"
"So strong my headteacher's disappeared with it!"
"A nice publication. A needs to for someone getting ready for Ofsted."
"Insightful and notice on."
Praise for 'The IQ Myth':
"A very attention-grabbing and compelling argument, I strongly suggest you learn this book."
Praise for 'A Teacher's consultant to striking Lessons':
"A needs to buy!"
"A beautifully functional guide...creative and interesting."
ABOUT THIS BOOK...
HOW TO turn into a college LEADER
The mystery of luck at management interviews.
"How to turn into a college chief" is your entire consultant to the recruitment method. From program shape to interview, from topic leaders to headteachers, this is often the ideal guide for aspiring center and senior leaders.
2 The application
- discovering the fitting job
- articulating your strengths and weaknesses
- outlining your imaginative and prescient and mission
- writing your overlaying letter
- utilizing the nationwide Standards
- delivering facts of your achievements
- delivering facts of your carrying on with specialist development
- writing your individual statement
- proof-reading your application
3 choice day activities
- demonstrating your up to date knowledge
- inspiring within the panel interviews
- acting within the presentation
- outstanding within the assembly
- flying within the lesson commentary and feedback
- succeeding within the pupil panel
- being stimulating within the simulations (eg the meeting)
- impressing within the in-tray workout and the follow-up
- being very good with the briefing note
- astonishing with the knowledge analysis
4 the ultimate interview
- the varsity development question
- the switch administration question
- the chief vs supervisor question
- competency-based questions
- the nationwide criteria questions
Read or Download How to Become a School Leader PDF
Similar teaching books
This complete compendium of study specializes in key points of Catholic schooling within the usa. the quantity comprises reports of analysis on subject matters starting from church files, spirituality, and the philosophy of Catholic schooling to folks, scholars, lecturers, management and governance, and curriculum and guide.
Reclaiming early life in danger bargains educators and others entry to detailed concepts for attaining formative years. This source explores: - The roots of discouragement in this present day s early life, together with damaging relationships, realized irresponsibility, and a lack of objective. - easy methods to create a Circle of braveness to provide adolescence a feeling of belonging, mastery, independence, and generosity.
Compliment for the 1st version: 'How good the writer is familiar with her topic. .. There are solid transparent case reviews, education actions, transparent factors. thoroughly used and utilized, her suggestion may have a extra calming influence on a faculty than the main intricate disciplinary coverage. ' - the days academic SupplementEverything you want to find out about supervising fundamental scholars in the course of the lunchtime holiday is roofed during this guide.
Let’s face it: studying is a high-stakes enterprise. real studying — the sort that remains with scholars lengthy after the grades are in — calls for danger. possession. swap. yet what does it seem like for college kids to truly comprehend your topic? how will you constitution assignments in order that Googling turns into an asset, now not a hazard, to demonstrating wisdom?
- Reaching Out: A K-8 Resource for Connecting Families and Schools
- Differentiated Instruction: A Guide for World Language Teachers
- Lessons From the Music Room: A How-To Guide for the Beginning Music Teacher
- Réussir le Français : Professeur des écoles, épreuve d'admissibilité (Concours enseignement) (French Edition)
Extra info for How to Become a School Leader