By Dominic Widdows
Read Online or Download Geometry and Meaning (Lecture Notes) PDF
Best geometry & topology books
"Finsler Geometry: An process through Randers areas" solely offers with a distinct type of Finsler metrics -- Randers metrics, that are outlined because the sum of a Riemannian metric and a 1-form. Randers metrics derive from the study on basic Relativity idea and feature been utilized in lots of parts of the typical sciences.
The most goal of this booklet is to explain and increase the conceptual, structural and summary considering arithmetic. particular mathematical buildings are used to demonstrate the conceptual strategy; supplying a deeper perception into mutual relationships and summary universal positive aspects. those rules are conscientiously influenced, defined and illustrated through examples in order that the various extra technical proofs might be passed over.
Bibliotheca Mathematica: a chain of Monographs on natural and utilized arithmetic, quantity VII: smooth common Topology specializes in the tactics, operations, ideas, and ways hired in natural and utilized arithmetic, together with areas, cardinal and ordinal numbers, and mappings. The ebook first elaborates on set, cardinal and ordinal numbers, uncomplicated innovations in topological areas, and diverse topological areas.
Fractal capabilities, Fractal Surfaces, and Wavelets, moment variation, is the 1st systematic exposition of the idea of neighborhood iterated functionality structures, neighborhood fractal capabilities and fractal surfaces, and their connections to wavelets and wavelet units. The e-book relies on Massopust’s paintings on and contributions to the idea of fractal interpolation, and the writer makes use of a few tools—including research, topology, algebra, and likelihood theory—to introduce readers to this fascinating topic.
- An Invitation to Algebraic Geometry (Universitext)
- Finite Geometries and Combinatorics (London Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series)
- Geometry VI: Riemannian Geometry: Volume 91 (Encyclopaedia of Mathematical Sciences)
- Permanents: 006 (Encyclopedia of Mathematics and its Applications)
- Algebras, Quivers and Representations: The Abel Symposium 2011: 8 (Abel Symposia)
- Introduction to Compact Riemann Surfaces and Dessins d-Enfants (London Mathematical Society Student Texts, 79)
Additional info for Geometry and Meaning (Lecture Notes)