By Scott Coltrane,Michele Adams
Read or Download Gender and Families (Gender Lens) PDF
Similar gender studies books
This quantity strains the social historical past of African American males from the times of slavery to the current, targeting their achievements, their altering photograph, and their position in American society. the writer locations the modern factor of Black men's disproportionate involvement with felony justice inside its social and historic context, whereas reading the main major routine aiming to enhance the prestige of Blacks in our society.
As existence spans multiplied dramatically within the usa after 1900, and employers more and more demanded the rate and stamina of teenage within the office, males struggled to maintain identities as employees, breadwinners, and patriarchs—the middle beliefs of twentieth-century masculinity. Longer lifestyles threatened manhood as males faced age discrimination at paintings, needed retirement, and stuck earning as recipients of Social protection and place of work pensions.
During this vivid new heritage, Phil Tiemeyer information the historical past of guys operating as flight attendants. starting with the founding of the occupation within the overdue Nineteen Twenties and carrying on with into the post-September eleven period, aircraft Queer examines the historical past of guys who joined places of work regularly pointed out as female-oriented.
Displaying how gender historical past contributes to current understandings of the second one global conflict, this publication deals element and context at the nationwide and transnational stories of fellows and ladies in the course of the warfare. Following a common creation, the essays shed new gentle at the box and illustrate equipment of operating with quite a lot of fundamental resources.
- Genre, Gender and the Effects of Neoliberalism: The New Millennium Hollywood Rom Com (Popular Culture and World Politics)
- Lewd and Notorious: Female Transgression in the Eighteenth Century
- The Women's Suffrage Movement: A Reference Guide 1866-1928 (Women's and Gender History)
- Jailcare: Finding the Safety Net for Women behind Bars
- Reform and Resistance: Gender, Delinquency, and America's First Juvenile Court
- Comic Performativities: Identity, Internet Outrage, and the Aesthetics of Communication
Extra resources for Gender and Families (Gender Lens)