By Joane Nagel
Read Online or Download Gender and Climate Change: Impacts, Science, Policy PDF
Similar gender studies books
This quantity lines the social historical past of African American males from the times of slavery to the current, concentrating on their achievements, their altering photograph, and their position in American society. the writer locations the modern factor of Black men's disproportionate involvement with felony justice inside of its social and old context, whereas studying the main major hobbies aiming to enhance the prestige of Blacks in our society.
As existence spans multiplied dramatically within the usa after 1900, and employers more and more demanded the rate and stamina of teenybopper within the office, males struggled to maintain identities as employees, breadwinners, and patriarchs—the middle beliefs of twentieth-century masculinity. Longer existence threatened manhood as males faced age discrimination at paintings, necessary retirement, and stuck earning as recipients of Social safeguard and place of work pensions.
During this bright new historical past, Phil Tiemeyer information the heritage of fellows operating as flight attendants. starting with the founding of the career within the overdue Nineteen Twenties and carrying on with into the post-September eleven period, airplane Queer examines the background of guys who joined offices as a rule pointed out as female-oriented.
Displaying how gender heritage contributes to present understandings of the second one international warfare, this publication deals element and context at the nationwide and transnational reports of fellows and girls throughout the warfare. Following a common creation, the essays shed new gentle at the box and illustrate equipment of operating with quite a lot of fundamental resources.
- Questions of Gender in Byzantine Society
- Frauen-Menschenrechte und deren Durchsetzung durch Frauenorganisationen im Kontext der Globalisierung (German Edition)
- Dangerous Curves: Action Heroines, Gender, Fetishism, and Popular Culture
- Handbuch zur Gleichstellungspolitik an Hochschulen: Von der Frauenförderung zum Diversity Management? (German Edition)
- Women of the Grassfields: A Study of the Economic Position of Women in Barmenda, British Cameroons (Routledge Classic Ethnographies)
- Gender and Citizenship: in Historical and Transnational Perspective (Gender and History)
Additional info for Gender and Climate Change: Impacts, Science, Policy