Read Online or Download Envisioning Disease, Gender, and War: Women's Narratives of the 1918 Influenza Pandemic PDF
Best gender studies books
This quantity lines the social background of African American males from the times of slavery to the current, targeting their achievements, their altering picture, and their function in American society. the writer areas the modern factor of Black men's disproportionate involvement with felony justice inside of its social and historic context, whereas interpreting the main major routine aiming to enhance the prestige of Blacks in our society.
As existence spans increased dramatically within the usa after 1900, and employers more and more demanded the rate and stamina of youngster within the place of work, males struggled to maintain identities as staff, breadwinners, and patriarchs—the middle beliefs of twentieth-century masculinity. Longer lifestyles threatened manhood as males faced age discrimination at paintings, obligatory retirement, and stuck earning as recipients of Social defense and place of work pensions.
During this vivid new background, Phil Tiemeyer information the historical past of guys operating as flight attendants. starting with the founding of the occupation within the overdue Twenties and carrying on with into the post-September eleven period, aircraft Queer examines the heritage of guys who joined offices regularly pointed out as female-oriented.
Exhibiting how gender heritage contributes to latest understandings of the second one international struggle, this publication deals aspect and context at the nationwide and transnational stories of guys and girls through the battle. Following a common creation, the essays shed new mild at the box and illustrate tools of operating with quite a lot of fundamental assets.
- Teaching Gender: Feminist Pedagogy and Responsibility in Times of Political Crisis
- Wissen – Methode – Geschlecht: Erfassen des fraglos Gegebenen (Geschlecht und Gesellschaft) (German Edition)
- The Transformation of Title IX: Regulating Gender Equality in Education
- Intersectionality: An Intellectual History
- The Nature of Masculinity: Critical Theory, New Materialisms, and Technologies of Embodiment (Sexuality Studies)
- The Primer: How To Become The Man You Were Destined To Be In 21 Days
Additional info for Envisioning Disease, Gender, and War: Women's Narratives of the 1918 Influenza Pandemic