By Steve Hullfish
Leverage the total strength of Avid Media Composer with this crucial consultant from an Avid guru. grasp timesaving methods and strategies that make the most of the most recent Media Composer beneficial properties and cutting-edge workflows. research the secrets and techniques of the postproduction execs from field place of work blockbusters like Harry Potter, I am Legend, Dark Shadows, Men in Black II, Charlie’s Angels, 42, and The final of the Mohicans, in addition to primetime hits like SMASH, Big Bang Theory, Weeds, The Mindy Project, and MythBusters.
In Avid Uncut, Steve Hullfish faucets into the services of the world’s best editors to proportion in-depth, behind-the-scenes secrets and techniques and most sensible practices that would strengthen your modifying and colour correction abilities to the subsequent point. 5 specific sections cover:
- Pre-post, together with dialogue of metadata, prepping ScriptSync, decomposing, and extra
- Settings, with pointers on keyboard optimization, bin settings, and import/export settings
- Off-line workflows on trimming, multicam modifying, utilizing Phrasefind, audio, and stereoscopic 3D
- Effects, similar to third celebration plugins, 3D warp results, and Animatte
- On-line workflows for successfully and fantastically completing your paintings, together with step by step tutorials for crimson and ARRI Alexa workflows
Also featured are vast information devoted to supporting FCP editors swap over to Avid, in addition to a spouse site (www.focalpress.com/cw/hullfish) loaded with video tutorials of the concepts mentioned within the booklet and undertaking records, together with crimson and ARRI Alexa photos, that flip Avid Uncut into a useful, hands-on workshop!
Read or Download Avid Uncut: Workflows, Tips, and Techniques from Hollywood Pros PDF
Best film & video art books
Many monsters in Victorian British novels have been in detail hooked up with the protagonists, and consultant of either the private failings of a personality and the flaws of the society during which she or he lived. in contrast, newer movie variations of those novels depict the creatures as arbitrarily undertaking mindless violence, and recommend a latest worry of the uncontrollable.
During this insightful publication, one among America's prime commentators on tradition and society turns his gaze upon cinematic race kin, reading the connection among movie, race and tradition. Norman okay Denzin argues that the cinema, like society, treats all people as equivalent yet struggles to outline and enforce variety, pluralism and multiculturalism.
Within the moment variation of the belief of Nature in Disney Animation, David Whitley updates his 2008 e-book to mirror contemporary advancements in Disney and Disney-Pixar animation resembling the apocalyptic story of earth's failed environment, WALL-E. As Whitley has proven, and Disney's most recent movies proceed to illustrate, the messages lively movies show concerning the wildlife are of an important significance to their baby audience.
Final Stands from the Alamo to Benghazi examines how filmmakers educate americans concerning the country’s army previous. reading twenty-three consultant battle movies and finding them of their cultural and armed forces panorama, the authors argue that Hollywood’s view of yankee army heritage has advanced in levels.
- Think Pink: The Story of DePatie-Freleng
- Mystery Movie Series of 1930s Hollywood
- The Memoirs of Alice Guy Blaché (The Scarecrow Filmmakers Series)
- Ephemeral Histories: Public Art, Politics, and the Struggle for the Streets in Chile
- Menus for Movieland: Newspapers and the Emergence of American Film Culture, 1913–1916
Extra info for Avid Uncut: Workflows, Tips, and Techniques from Hollywood Pros