By Rob Stone,Julián Daniel Gutiérrez-Albilla
A better half to Luis Buñuel provides a set of severe readings via some of the prime movie students that examines and reassesses myriad features of world-renowned filmmaker Luis Buñuel’s existence, works, and cinematic themes.
- A number of severe readings that learn and re-evaluate the debatable filmmaker’s existence, works, and cinematic themes
- Features readings from a number of of the main highly-regarded specialists at the cinema of Buñuel
- Includes a multidisciplinary diversity of methods from specialists in movie reviews, Hispanic reviews, Surrealism, and theoretical recommendations similar to these of Gilles Deleuze
- Presents a formerly unpublished interview with Luis Buñuel’s son, Juan Luis Buñuel
Read or Download A Companion to Luis Buñuel (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Film Directors) PDF
Best film & video art books
Many monsters in Victorian British novels have been in detail hooked up with the protagonists, and consultant of either the private failings of a personality and the flaws of the society within which she or he lived. against this, newer movie diversifications of those novels depict the creatures as arbitrarily undertaking mindless violence, and recommend a latest worry of the uncontrollable.
During this insightful e-book, one in every of America's prime commentators on tradition and society turns his gaze upon cinematic race relatives, studying the connection among movie, race and tradition. Norman ok Denzin argues that the cinema, like society, treats all people as equivalent yet struggles to outline and enforce variety, pluralism and multiculturalism.
Within the moment version of the assumption of Nature in Disney Animation, David Whitley updates his 2008 booklet to mirror fresh advancements in Disney and Disney-Pixar animation reminiscent of the apocalyptic story of earth's failed surroundings, WALL-E. As Whitley has proven, and Disney's most recent motion pictures proceed to illustrate, the messages lively movies exhibit concerning the wildlife are of the most important significance to their baby audience.
Final Stands from the Alamo to Benghazi examines how filmmakers train americans in regards to the country’s army prior. interpreting twenty-three consultant conflict movies and finding them of their cultural and armed forces panorama, the authors argue that Hollywood’s view of yank army heritage has advanced in stages.
- Screening the Past: Memory and Nostalgia in Cinema
- The Filmmaker’s Guide to Digital Imaging: for Cinematographers, Digital Imaging Technicians, and Camera Assistants
- Henri-Georges Clouzot (French Film Directors)
- The Grierson Effect: Tracing Documentary's International Movement (Cultural Histories of Cinema)
Additional info for A Companion to Luis Buñuel (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Film Directors)